Call for quilts! Please take the challenge and share your talents by entering a quilt in our annual Tropical Inspirations Quilt Show Challenge, sponsored by Hoffman California Fabrics. Visitors from all over the world enjoy our display of tropically themed quilts as part of the quilt show. You do not need to me here in Kona to submit a quilt -- just mail it to us here at Quilt Passions before the June 20 deadline and we will return it to you after the show. Here are the details:
2021 Theme: At Home in Hawaii
Challenge Instructions and Rules:
1. Size: Challenge quilts must be 30" x 30" (square).
2. Each entry must use a minimum of 36 square inches of the challenge fabric.
3. All entries must have a label attached with quilter's name, contact info and title of quilt (quilter's name will be covered for judging).
4. All entries must have a sleeve at least 4" wide.
5. Deadline for entries is Thursday, June 25, 2021. Quilts will be displayed on July 3 and 4 at King Kamehameha's Kona Beach Hotel (Herb Kane lobby) from 10:00 am until 5:00 pm each day.
6. Winners will be chosen by a panel of judges. First, second, and third place ribbons will be awarded in each of seven categories at the show. Best of Show and Viewer’s Choice ribbons will also be awarded.
7. Registration fee: $ 5.00 (includes a fat quarter of the challenge fabric and a complete copy of all instructions and rules).
8. Register in person at Quilt Passions or visit our website at www.quiltpassions.net (Special Events)